Wednesday, January 13, 2010

A Good Friend...

Today I heard a good friend of mine passed away.  She was a humanitarian worker in Haiti, working with the Navy and she along with one of her colleagues, were in a building when it collapsed on them during an earthquake which struck yesterday.  I'm saddened by this news...as she was not only the mother of a 14 year old but also a wife and an all around good person.  She died though, doing what she loves to do...to help people in need.  She gave her life giving others new opportunities, helping others out of misery and awful life situations. She died knowing she was helping others in areas where there is lot known violence.  I think she was a very noble and self-less person.  While i am saddened by the hearing of this news today.  I am proud to have known someone like her who was so giving and just chose to do something which truly helped others.  I feel that way about firemen, police officers, doctors, nurses, our soldiers; anyone who works in a field where they help others. I think this is one of the most self-less and noble and kind acts a person can do.  And they have my respect.  My friend lived a good life and saddly it ended rather suddenly, but i feel that somewhere, somehow, she knew she was giving her life to a greater cause then she...

No comments:

Post a Comment