Friday, January 29, 2010

I beat the System...i took it to the man...

okay today at 11am, i hear this big annoying drill which can only mean one thing, it would be followed by this announcement on the loud speakers "This is your Fire Safety Director, Tom Tommingsworth (name has been embelished for obvi reasons), we are conducting a Fire Safety Drill.  Please proceed to the front of the floor for a Fire Safety Instructional blah blah blah blah blah.."okay let me start this off by saying that every single month we have these stupid fire drills.  No, i know they are not stupid, but they certainly are an inconvenience.  always at at moment when you are too busy or trying to meet a deadline, or.....more importantly, trying to blog.  seriously, this is not cool.  so today during the fire drill, and i know i will get slack, heat, boos for this, i said NO MORE!!!.  I am sticking it to the man, i am beating the system, and sitting at my desk!! in DEFIANCE...

Which is what i did.  I even walked around and bought my self something from the vending machine.  yes i now its important to know fire safety in case of a real emergency, but by now, after 21 of them i am familiar with where to go and all that..And i know they are just trying to save us, but today, I felt like being feisty, and saying NO.  ofcourse, as i type this, my annoying british co-worker, yes the one with the cat with 81 lives, who is also the fire safety floor marshall deputy, just gave me an admonishing look and wants to go over the Fire Marshalls speech with me. :|

City John goes back to work...

2 comments:

  1. Lemme see if I understand this...because you were too busy to fire drill, you spent fire drill time wandering around and vending machine-ing? I suppose there is a feisty little logic to that. If people think your time can be manipulated at will, I suppose the onus is on them to prove that whatever use you make of that carve-out isn't worthy. DOWN WITH THE MAN!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes, that is correct. i beat the man! now don't rain on my parade man.

    ReplyDelete