Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Midnight...

Okay its midnight and i admit, i've been a bit lazy at this blogging venture of mine.  sorry folks, between guitar, work, hating my job, hating my boss, cursing my boss a million bee stings on his furry ears (yes, he has furry ears), watching my favorite dog: Holly "Hollister" "H-Dog" "H-Town" "Febreeze" Streifberg, being a good bf to my gf (this is a full time job  you know), taking my daughter out during the weekend and hoping her phase of "buy me this buy me that - man i'm like her personal bank account" doesn't last forever.............so i've been pretty occupied..that and well, it seems i am the only handy male in my building..i honestly thought there were more of me..but well, its mainly women in this building and um hey i'm not being sexist here but on several occassions it seems when the super isn't around usually i hear a knock on my door to help out with this or that..now i'm happy to help out and that is  who i am, so long as it doesn't get out of hand...today my upstairs neighbor's key was stuck again in her lock..and well the super is nowhere to be found...so what i'm saying is this - to you Mr. Super, where ever you are...hey, i'm in the process of looking for a new job, so unless you start doing your job, i'm going to come gunning for yours...ahem..okay there, i said it...whewww!

sorry for that rant..my other rant today is well, i'm playing guitar and also learning new songs..occassionally as in life, i come across something difficult...nearly impossible..today its the dang f chord...its this stupid chord in which you have to position and bend your wrist and fingers in a very impossibly painful way...i swear i'm sooo irritated at this stupid chord, more so at the inventor of this stupid chord, i think my inner voice (my writer's voice) sounds british...and i'm pure american born latino here....(so this brings me to another conclusion - as everyone has an inner voice, i've decided mine is british...so, sometime soon, i'd like to eat a crumpet and have some tea..).  so if anyone of you know where i can eat or buy a crumpet, or better  yet, want to buy me a crumpet...please do, would be very kind of you to do so..(also, maybe its cause my cubicle neighbor is british and i happen to hear her yapping on and on in her native english tongue about a cat who well by all medical standards should have died by now..

That's not my hand, but just to illustrate the stupidity of this F'n F Chord...


i'll post some more stuff to this post..some funny pics, videos, songs..and well hopefully by then i'll have mastered the dang f chord on guitar...seriously, how the heck am i supposed to perform on march 19th in front of well possibly maybe 50 - 100 or so people if i can't hit the f chord..oh yes, i'm performing, a guitar solo, you heard it right..hey, one thing about turning 37, is i need to experience things i normally would have been too scared to try....so this goes out to anyone out there who keeps putting something amazing or new off, don't.  seriously, give it a shot..what's the worst that can happen...well other than death, hospitalization or poverty...really..just give it a go and see where the chips fall for you...life is too short to not try and then wonder at the end of it...

city john goes to sleep for now....

No comments:

Post a Comment