Tuesday, February 16, 2010

No Title

So this post has no subject.  Just not really sure where i'm going with it.  Had a decent weekend in Philly with my gf.  It was bitterly cold but yet we still made the treck through out the cheese steak city and walked around to a few good places, i.e. Rocky Statue, Liberty Bell, Constitution Hall, all the Historic streets and alleys.  While, yes i did take a photo with the Rocky Statue, upon arrival at said statue, I didn't do the gratuitous rocky pose with it.  Maybe I will next time.  I was just bummed that now they've moved that statue to the bottom of the steps to the right, and not where it was at the very top.  All in all, I enjoyed the two day get  away.  Looking forward to another go at Philly sometime soon, when its warmer.  Most of all, its soooo inexpensive and you can do so much there.  Definitely a place worth seeing and visiting, even at 10.00 round trip on a bus.  Yes, 10.00, you read that right.

Snowing again today, ugh, and double ugh and as i sit and type and recuperate from what i call a very grueling work out session with a trainer...(yes i hired a temporary trainer to get my arse started so i can get my health back into gear), i think, wow, i've really let myself go a good bit.  soo...as this is lent, and my gf is giving up soda, chips and starbucks (hey i support you vicks on this - you're a brave ladd)... I am going to give up eating outdoors for lunch and breakfast, soda and juice as well for lent.  so it will be easy on my pockets and on my belly.  so there you have it.  I have more to say.  but ehh, need to get back to this thing people who pay me call work.  oh yes, one more thing.  there is a movie called "New York I Love You".  great movie, amazing NYC backdrop scenes.  I totally recommend it. There is something about this city that draws you in.  Even though I enjoyed my stay in Philly, short as it was...I loved that feeling as the bus was entering Manhattan again, and i could see the NYC skyline and all the buildings..I Love NY!

P.S. Yes i tried eating Philly Cheese Steak Sandwhiches for the first time ever..and let me tell you, they are indeed every bit as good and delicious as they say they are..omg, if you do anything at all in philly, is get yourself one of these bad boys:

No comments:

Post a Comment