Friday, February 12, 2010

Of Mice and Men...

"I will hug him george.  I will hug him and squeeze him and call him george..." - Of Mice and Men..

Okay, 3am,, i am woken up from my semi-peaceful slumber by a rustling in a plastic bag in the kitchen.  Let me backtrack a bit.  I've had this one tiny annoying vermon of a mouse having his way with my stuff, including a few weeks ago, eating a steak i was craving and defrosting on top of my microwave (i didn't think he'd get to it there).  So i was settled on catching him.  I tried glue traps and those snapping mouse traps, even the anti-cruelty little traps that just traps them in a round plastic cage..and nothing.  this mouse was a mischievous one and a crafty one to boot.  soo fast forward to last night.  The rustling from the kitchen woke me up.  i had a regular food shopping bag with some garbage in there hanging from one of the knobs on a door cabinet under my sink.  I didn't think there was any way he'd get in there as it was hanging off the ground.  well, said mouse, was a daredevil too as he must have jumped from the sink to the bag below...

So apparently he was stuck ni the plastic bag and couldn't get out.  Now when i found him, i do realize i had two choices...1) just tie the bag and throw him in the garbage bin outside..or 2) Kill him, mercilessly beat his little mouseass to death...

okay i chose 2). lets just say if there were any other mice watching..they will probably  think twice before making their way into my apt.  yes, i probably over did it with how i disposed of this little rodent's life.  but hey, i have a daughter who comes over and also he ate my steak.  so in my book, he signed his own death warrant. so as i type, i poor part of this beer (hot chocolate) on to the ground for my homey....

No comments:

Post a Comment